The National Institute of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology (NIHERST) will be conducting a Survey of ICT in Secondary Schools during the period October – November 2019. The survey will include fifty percent (50%) of the principals and teachers from public secondary schools in Trinidad and Tobago.
The main objective of the study is to collect benchmark data with regard to availability, accessibility, usage and attitudes to ICT in secondary schools to inform policy-makers, decision-makers, educators and all stakeholders in education. The study would focus on the following areas:
- Availability of ICT in schools
- Schools preparedness to integrate ICT in the classroom
- Infusing ICT in teaching and learning
- Challenges faced by users in integrating ICT in teaching and learning
- Impact of using ICT in schools
- ICT literacy of teachers and students
- Application of ICT by their teachers and students
- Principals, teachers and students attitudes towards ICT
A report on the results of the survey will be published in the third quarter of 2020.