The Virtual Science Bus, delivered by NIHERST presents a wide range of topics and activities within STREAM (Science, Technology, Research, Engineering, Arts & Math).
Teachers! Expose your students to a variety of hands on STREAM activities and associated career paths from home.
For this term, our virtual outreach activities are available to secondary school students primarily of Forms 1-3.
For the period October - November 2021, we are offering the following:
- Week 1 (October 11th - 15th) = Science - Understanding the Human Body
- Week 2 (October 18th - 22nd) = Technology - Logic Gate
- Week 3 (October 25th - 29th) = Research - Scientific Report Writing
- Week 4 (November 1st - 5th) = Engineering - Material Sciences
- Week 5 (November 8th - 12th) = Art – Pantograph Tracing
- Week 6 (November 15th - 19th ) = Mathematics – Astronomical Folding
Our STREAM topics are applicable to the following career paths: Medical Practitioner, Sport Physiotherapist, Nutritionist, Seismologist, Physicist, Electrical Engineer, Robotics Technician, Chemical Engineer Material Scientist, Chemist Researcher within general Life Sciences, Lecturer, Graphic Designer Architect, Sketch Artist and more.
The Virtual Science Bus sessions can be facilitated using Zoom or Google Meet. We can join your classroom session taking place via Zoom or Google Meet. In order to facilitate as many schools as possible kindly choose only three (3) topics, either the morning or evening session. You have the option of a Morning Session (10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.) or an Evening Session (1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
Please note that we are only able to accommodate a limited number of students per session to ensure a quality learning experience.